Catching Smiles CD produced by Whole Child
“Catching Smiles” is filled with music to nurture a child’s spirit. It features the music of talented local musicians who generously donated their songs to produce a CD filled with a beautiful collection of music that makes kids feel good about themselves and the world around them.
Whole Child Leon first presented “Catching Smiles” to the community in 2007. It is the cooperative effort of local musicians and the WCL Spiritual Action Team. Thanks to the generosity of the Early Learning Coalition of the Big Bend and the Agency for Workforce Innovation, “Catching Smiles” continues to be available for children and families to enjoy.
The spiritual light that fills our world is the theme that recurs throughout "Catching Smiles". The music tells children they can make their day whatever they want it to be. They are reminded their smiles can light up the world and help others feel happy.
“Catching Smiles” is given to all new babies born at Tallahassee Memorial Healthcare, Capital Regional Medical Center, and The Birth Cottage. The CD is available at Whole Child community events, so please stop by when you see us around town! You may also download the songs by clicking on the links below.
Catching Smiles Song List
- The Sun Comes Up - Velma Frye
- You're Somebody Special - John Paul Walters
- This Little Light of Mine - Traditional/arr. W. Barrow and Pam Laws
- Good Morning - Rodger "SafariMan" Tripp
- Catching Smiles - Brian "Papa Kalapa" Burgess
- Who I Am - Julie Thompson
- Gator Groove - Carol Ann Matthews
- Funga - Bill "Yazid" Johnson
- I Love My Duckie - Rick Knowles
- Long Chain - Jim Crozier
- Beautiful Day - Bill "Yazid" Johnson and Jende B. Pahnke
- Make It Last, Wear It Out, Use It Up, Do Without - John Paul Walters
- Bear Stomp - Rodger "SafariMan" Tripp
- The Earth Is Our Mother - Velma Frye
- Ezra's Lullaby - Carrie Hamby
- Good Night Good Earth - John Paul Walters
- Sleep My Child - Julie Thompson and Brownie Macintosh
- Evening Flute with Crickets - Sammy Tedder